Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 14: Is this Marathon Finally Over?

It seems that we are officially winding down for the semester.  If you have been able to keep up with everything, you should only have to finish and post your iMovie (with checklist complete) and write your narratives for NETS III-V.  If you have not been keeping up, then you may be in for a little more work than is healthy at the end of the semester. 

Grading: I have re-graded everything that was revised and re-submitted.  I have also graded all but the PLN, Journals 6-10, the Emerging Tech, and the TaskStream final narratives.  I will discuss the PLN in class tonight and the rest of the assignments aren't due yet.  If you hadn't submitted an assignment that was already graded, please talk to me.

A quick reminder about correspondence for the course:  it should take place within Cougar Courses, not my CSUSM email.  This way, I can be sure that I have addressed all questions for the course.  I have been receiving too many emails to my campus account, which can easily get lost in all of the spam and other mail that floods that mailbox.

Tonight:  You will be completing your iMovies and posting them on your blogs (don't forget your headphones!).  It is important that you have the movie checked off the the necessary content BEFORE exporting or posting on your blog.  Once a movie has been exported, it cannot be changed.  All changes need to take place in iMovie, not Quicktime.  Once your movie is complete and the checklist has been submitted, you can work on your Emerging Technology Checklist.  Don't forget that each journal entry needs to be matched with a NETS-T standard and each artifact needs a brief description.  When you complete both of these, you can work on your final NETS narratives in TaskStream. 

Next Week:  I always have as a goal to have everyone complete with the course on the last day.  I know this is a lofty goal, but I guy can dream, can't he ;-)  I will meet with everyone individually to ensure your narratives are finished or to answer any final questions you might have regarding the writing of the narratives.  One option is to show you how to create holiday cards using Photoshop as a fun non-graded project.  I can walk you through a quick and easy way to take a digital photo and manipulate it in Photoshop to create a holiday-worthy card that can be sent to Costco or another service to print. . .anyone. . .crickets

This Week's Question:  What has been your favorite assignment in the class and why??

28 comments:

  1. I have to say I enjoyed the Journal Articles, reflecting upon those was fun and simple. L&L is a pretty entertaining magazine. The articles broadened my view of teaching and I am still learning more about change agents. I constantly see advertisements promoting cloud computing. The ideas encouraged by L&L truly relate to a prevailing technological classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked making the iMovie because it was fun organizing the clips and I liked putting my music on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite assignment was creating Inspiration. I just really enjoyed it a lot. I was able to have my creative side come out and even though it took a while to create I had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite assignment was the Prezi because it gave me a chance to use another program for presentations that I otherwise would have never used or known about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun creating the imovie as well. Learning how to edit and incorporate music was all new to me. I look forward to making movies in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite assignment was the imovie. It’s because I always wanted to learn how to make a little film with video clips, pictures, and music, I just never found the time to do it on my free time (so thanks). Eventually I was going to get to it in one of my future summer breaks or at least I like to think so. It’s always nicer to have someone teach you the basics than having to spend more time trying to figure things on your own. It saves a lot of time! Now since I know the basics I feel more comfortable trying out new things in imovie and will probably finally make another imovie with my clips, music, and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite assignment was the Prezi because I had no idea of how to do it, but I did it! Now I had the opportunity and I know I will surely use it for other classes.It was great knowing how to zoom and take pictures of what we wanted the prezi to show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure because I like them all, but when I was informed that my projects were going to be used as bad examples I no longer am in favor of any projects in this class other then imovie. No just kidding I really like delicious cause I feel that there is now so much more information at my fingertips

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite assignment was the Prezi because I had no idea how to do it, and I didn't do that well putting it altogether, but the idea of putting together ideas of ways we can help students of a particular grade meet the NET-S was interesting and informative. I learned a lot just putting my ideas together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite assignment would have to be the iMovie, although I really liked doing most of the assignments because each taught me something new about technology, but with the iMovie I found out I was using it in the wrong way, so that really helped a lot to learn to do it right. Overall all the assignments have been interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite assignment would have to be the iMovie. I enjoyed learning how to use this program. Since I do not have a Mac, I thought it was pretty cool to learn how to use iMovie. I thought that the features, including the music editing and all of the other editing features were fun to use. I found this assignment to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite assignment was probably my prezi presentation. Even though it was really frustrating at first, once I got the hang of it I liked it a lot. It's probably the tool I will use to most in the future that this class introduced to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite assignment has been Inspiration because it was fun and involved a tool I've never heard of before. It also will be helpful for the remaining part of my assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite assignment has been the iMovie assignment, it like messing with all the different effects and then watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite assignment has been the presentation. I was finally able to create something using Powerpoint. I feel I am catching up with the technology age.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite assignment has to be the Prezi presentation. I really like it that I have shown couple of people the website.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite assignment would have to be the movie one we are doing right now, I think it is amazing how easy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite assignment was the iMovie because it was something that I have never used before and it made things a lot easier to create than other film making programs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite assignment has been the Inspiration board. I think I like it because it visually lays out everything we've learned from the semester. It took a while (mostly to grab all of the images) but it was easy to do because we have so many examples of each standard.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite assignment was IMovie. I like working with that program and being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite assignment so far has been the iMovie. It made me feel quite technically capable although I am most likely not. I know by the time I finish all my NET-Ts in taskstream I will probably love my inspiration layout map.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite assignment was the Prezi. I was so proud of myself after I finished it, and I have made another for a class presentation and all my peers were impressed. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorites were the iMovie and Prezi. I enjoyed using both of these programs because they gave me the ability to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite assignment was the newsletter, because it was a fun and easy assignment. I created a newsletter that I can use in my classroom later on.

    ReplyDelete
  25. the iMovie because it was the most fun and probably something I will use after the class is over

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite assignment has been learning the Prezi program because I have already used it in two presentations in my other classes and it was a vast improvement over using Powerpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite assignment the Newsletter and Prezi because I had a lot of fun creating both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite assignment was the iMovie. It was fun making something with clips and pictures and adding my own touch to it. I had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete