Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 1: Welcome to Educ 422. . .the Beginning


"digital life"
Originally uploaded by Toban Black


Welcome to another awesome semester of EDUC 422. . .Technology Tools for Education. I expect that you will learn a lot about how to integrate technology into the classroom, as well as learn how to ramp-up your so-called digital life ;-)


I will use this blog to keep everyone updated on the weekly requirements for the course, as well as model for you how to create a blog for your future classroom!  I need you to read each entry carefully, as I will be giving away $50 a week to the person who finds the hidden gnome on the post. . .okay, not really, but I need everyone to read each entry ;-)

Technical Issues:  
First order of business:  If you do not have a Gmail Address/Account, you need to get one!  (and no, your CSUSM email does not count).  Don't worry, I have worked it out with Google to give you free email accounts!
You will be asked to join and/or participate in a number of web-based tools, software, etc. . .I recommend that you find a user name that identifies you, is appropriate for school/parents, and you can remember. . .
While this course has no required text, you will be required to subscribe to ISTE, the International Society for Technology in Education (see link on this blog), as well as purchase a subscription to TaskStream, an online portfolio generator.  
     For TaskStream (also linked on this blog): You will need to self-enroll in two separate portfolios.      
     Here are the codes you will need:
                                               Local TPE: 6SG3BA
                                               TPA: JF5BNH

I will also ask you weekly questions on this blog that you will need to answer. Some are related to education and most are related you your lives. . .It allows me to build community while ensuring that you are reading the weekly posts!

This Week's Question:
 What is your current favorite piece of technology and why? (mine is most definitely my iPhone!)

30 comments:

  1. My favorite piece of technology is the GPS system because you never feel lost when in unfamiliar areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite tech is my scanner because it allows me to upload my artwork onto the internet and lets my friends out of state still see what i'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from the dark age of the Walk Man, so my favorite piece of technology is the ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite piece of technology is my macbook. I just got it this summer and I cannot stay off it. It's my first apple purchase..and I swear I learn something new it does everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to say that my favorite piece of technology is my iPod because I can download and import CDs on it. Plus, I can use it in my car and listen to my playlists without it skipping whenever I go over a bump in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite piece of technology is the computer because I can have access to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My current favorite piece of technology is definitely Skype. I was out of the country this summer and Skype kept me connected to the real world by phone and video chat - for free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I have to say that I'm not interested in technology that much yet. However, I guess if I have to pick a favorite I would say my laptop. Although it's a PC it does have windows 7 so it runs faster and smoother than the PC I used to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite piece of technology would definitely have to be the microwave. I know it is not that recent but it is pretty darn cool that you can heat things up super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite piece of technology is my macbook. I am not very savvy with cell phones or i-pods but i love my lap top! Its really easy to use and ive had it for three years without ANY issues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Headphones because they help me drown my anxieties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have to say my iPhone as well, good old smart phones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My iPhone, definitely my iPhone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My current favorite piece of technology is my Android phone. It may not be an iPhone, but my smart phone is super fun and useful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My ipod because I couldn't workout without it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite piece of technology is my new phone... the EVO.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my favorite piece of technology would have to be my cell phone because I can play music on the pandora app whenever I feel like listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite piece of technology is my cell phone, because I am able to keep in touch with family and friends very quickly with texts, phone calls, & web.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite piece of technology is my macbook computer. I'm constantly on it. Recently, I just discovered the free Kindle app for Mac, which allows you to just download the book you want to your computer and you can read it on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i would have to say my blackberry. i love my applications. they help me get through traffic with a few laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My X-Box 360 because it is an easy way to lose stress.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't have a favorite piece of technology, but If I HAVE to chose, I would say my Sirius Radio because I can listen to music all the time at work at home, I can connect it everywhere, my car's bluetooth, my house, etc. I can also save songs from the radio and add my media card. So it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love my awesome blue Ipod nano. It's nice and small, and I can listen to music anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love my Palm Pixi. It's simple and has everything I need (camera, internet, navigation, pandora, cool apps, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite would have to be my navigator in my car, I would be SO lost without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite piece of technology would have to be my iphone, because i can pretty much do EVERYTHING on it. It keeps me updated with whatever i would like.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite piece of technology is the laptop because it is super useful and u can take it anywhere..

    ReplyDelete
  28. My ipod because it motivates me to work out

    ReplyDelete
  29. My laptop because you can take it anywhere and do all kinds of things on it.

    ReplyDelete